There are few occasions when we have to take the repairing and renovation job of the garden, kitchen sink, and automobiles in our hands. The best part of such small DIY repairs is that it saves money and brings peace of mind.
And when you perform the DIY repairs, a caulk will necessarily walk as one of the essential equipment. The caulks can be made of silicone or other materials and is used to adhere to different places. Also, it stops bugs from entering the home.
However, when it gets old, or you end up using excess caulk, you need the best caulk remover to wipe out such excess or old caulks. Today, in our article, we will prominently discuss the top ten caulk removers with a detailed review.
The review will be followed by a detailed buying guide on the caulk remover and a FAQ section to help you quickly choose the right caulking removal products.
- 1 The Ten best Caulk Remover Reviews
- 2 1. Goo Gone Pro-Power Adhesive Remover
- 3 2. 3M Specialty Adhesive Remover
- 4 3. Orange-Sol De-Sovl-it Contractors Solvent
- 5 4. 2-Pack Motsenbocker’s Lift Off Caulk Remover
- 6 5. Mowis 1800W Heavy Duty Hot Air Shrink Gun
- 7 6. RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Remover
- 8 7. ORXPLUS TOOLS Silicone Remover Scraper
- 9 8. Albion Engineering B12S20 B-Line Manual Sausage Caulking Gun
- 10 9. Goo Gone Pro-Power – 2 Pack – Professional Remover
- 11 10. Orange-Sol 10151/52 Contractor Solvent
- 12 Buying Guide for The Best Caulk Remover
- 13 How To Remove Caulk From Brick
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 15 Conclusion
The Ten best Caulk Remover Reviews
Although you might use any ordinary caulk removing liquid in the process, it might ruin the wall or surface. Hence, getting one of our reviewed commercial caulk removers will be your best buy.
1. Goo Gone Pro-Power Adhesive Remover
If you want an all-round caulk remover, go and grab the Goo Gone caulk remover immediately. It is a perfect product to remove the mess you see on a construction site or during DIY repair projects.
The caulk remover works equally well for adhesive, wood glue, tarp, and grease. Also, it has an incredible wok capacity on various surfaces, including metal, glass, finished wood, porcelain, plastic, concrete, and anything you might think of roughly.
The product is thicker, which comes in handy while working with tough and commercially used caulks. Also, it is usable for silicone caulk as well. Furthermore, you can quickly apply the remover on the surface without touching the remover, thanks to the turret top design of the bottle.
Furthermore, the thickness helps the liquid stick to the applied surface without draining. It enhances work efficiency and speed. So, if you plan to get a professional caulk to remove, the Goo Gone Pro Power is our recommendation for you.
- 8 ounces liquid remover
- Applicable in most surfaces
- Easy to use
- Its thickness prevents draining
- Turret top bottle ensures contactless use
- Use safe for many surfaces including car
- Nothing reported so far
The Pro Power caulk remover is suitable for both professional and DIY usage. It is concreted to work in a vertical position too.
2. 3M Specialty Adhesive Remover
Reactive adhesives such as silicone, urethanes, and epoxies need a special remover for efficiency and accuracy. In this regard, the 3M caulk remover comes in handy. Thankfully, the remover is made of solvent-based and works on almost all surfaces.
You already know that it works best on the reactive adhesives. But that doesn’t mean you can’t use the adhesive remover on other materials. The thick liquid is usable with any types of caulk, sealant, tarp, kitchen grease, or even on tough stains.
Moreover, you can use the adhesive remover for wiping silicone beads from the cast iron tub. The 3M caulk remover has a special formula.
Thus, during our 3m caulk remover reviews, we found that it works well on most surfaces to soften the adhesive, caulk, or any glue quickly. So, your caulk and adhesive removal will be completed in an instant.
- Its new weight is 15 oz.
- Special manufacturing formula
- Solvent-based adhesive remover
- Best for working on old caulks
- There’s no bad smell after use
- Squeeze bottle with flip flop for quick use
- Softens any types of caulk and glue
- It needs a long time to soften the materials
The 3M adhesive remover is ideal for working with old caulk. You can also effectively use it to prepare any surface for the new caulk application.
3. Orange-Sol De-Sovl-it Contractors Solvent
This is a different type of caulk remover with a petroleum-based solvent manufacturing. Its petroleum-based production makes it suitable even for removing grease and stain from shirts. Thus, such different uses make it an unmatched caulk remover at the forefront.
Even if you accidentally pour caulk or grease on your skin or hair, you can use the Orange Sol-de Solvent to remove them in a jiffy. Hence, the solvent is usable literally on all surfaces.
The reason for the product selling madly is its special non-toxic formula. It doesn’t contain any harmful chlorinated or benzene solvent. Hence, it is absolutely healthy safe. The same non-toxic manufacturing makes it eco-friendly and biodegradable too.
Last but not least, its easy spray bottle benefits you apply the solvent to any surface. You won’t have to purchase gloves for using the solvent separators.
- It weighs 33 oz.
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly
- Petroleum-based solvent
- The spray bottle supports easy to use
- Non-toxic construction is human safe
- You can use it on the greasy stain
- Quickly removes the old caulk
- It has a slight petroleum smell
The petroleum-based caulk remover is effective on most surfaces. You can use to remove stains, grease, and adhesive from skin too.
4. 2-Pack Motsenbocker’s Lift Off Caulk Remover
This is another biodegradable best caulk remover that you can use to remove epoxies, construction adhesives, silicone caulks, and many more glueing items. The caulk remover enjoys a special water-based formula.
The manufacturer has patented the formula. It ensures safe use on most surfaces without leaving any unwanted stains or spots. Another high-selling point of the caulk remover is its quick response.
Apply it on the caulk used surface, wait for a few minutes and scrape off the solvent to remove the caulk or adhesive. Finally, wipe the stained surface with a clean cloth or brush to get a new looking surface in a speedy process.
Since it works, of life-off mechanism, the sealant removal becomes speed and comfortable. The product is effectively made in the USA and is biodegradable, as we mentioned earlier.
Hence, it won’t harm the eco-system.
- 2-packs each having 4oz solvent
- Water-based solvent
- Quick and speedy work
- You can apply the caulk remover on all surfaces
- Its lift-off system ensures easy removal of the caulks
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable formulation
- The solvent doesn’t come easily out of the bottle
Those who want an odorless adhesive remover on a tight budget will love the unmatched performance of Motsenbocker’s Lift Off Caulk Remover.
5. Mowis 1800W Heavy Duty Hot Air Shrink Gun
This is not precisely a caulk remover, but the Mowis Heat Gun is something more than your expectation. It equips with a 1800W motor and generates enough heat to liquefy any caulk for easy removal.
A hot air gun is an all-around tool since you can use it to remove paint, disinfect surfaces, softening welding material and adhesive, removing stickers, etc. Thus, your repairing jobs will become brisk and enjoyable with the Mowis shrink gun.
You get two wind and temperature settings for the best application. What’s more, the large LCD permits you to adjust the temperature without any problem quickly. It even has a perfect cooling oof that keeps the motor cool for an extended period.
Its stainless steel made outlet tube prevents oxidation. Finally, the ergonomic handle assures you have the most comfortable shrink gun experience.
- The motor works at 1800W.
- High and low wind settings
- 212°F to 1112°F operational temperature
- A shrink gun is an all-round tool
- Its large LCD makes controls easier
- The rubberized handle is ergonomic
- It vibrates at a higher wind setting
We recommend the hot air gun for those who want a multipurpose tool for their DIY projects. It is worth the investment.
6. RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Stain Remover
Mold and mildew at home can be very annoying. It damages the outlook and surface greatly. Hence, you may want something to wipe off such stubborn molds from the house and office forever. We strictly recommend you to use the RMR-86 mold and stain remover for such purposes.
In reality, it delivers unmatched performance. The stain remover spray has a unique formulation. The special formula makes the stain and mold remover 5X stronger. Hence, it works faster than any regular contractor brand.
Its intense formula works on the toughest stains. Also, the spray doesn’t need any mixing. You just need to spray the stain removed on the mold and see how quickly the stain disappears. It won’t ask for any additional cleaning.
Since it doesn’t need any scrubbing and sanding, the overall removal process becomes faster. Last but not least, it is safe to use on any surface- incredible!
- 1 gallon of spray
- Odor and stain removal
- 5X stronger formula
- The spray is ideal for cleaning the bathroom and kitchen
- You won’t have to mix anything with the spray
- No scrubbing is necessary for the stain removal
- It won’t work on adhesives
It is 5X stronger than the regular remover used for caulks. Hence, you can expect a pretty first accomplishment of the caulk removal session.
7. ORXPLUS TOOLS Silicone Remover Scraper
If you want a manual tool to remove the caulk from the surface, getting an ORXPLUS tool will benefit you tremendously. The stainless steel made scraper is used to remove caulking from bricks, adhesives from concretes, and many more.
Its stainless steel construction is made to withstand rough usage. For comfort and convenience, the handle is made of premium POM plastic. So, you get an excellent grip and work with confidence. The handle won’t slip from your hand.
You don’t need to use masking tape to remove the stains or adhesive from the surface with the manual silicone caulk remover at your disposal. Also, its flat design makes the caulk, adhesive, and rust removing comfortable.
Furthermore, we need to appreciate its broader application that includes kitchen sinks, tiles, bathroom floors, etc.
- Premium POM made handle
- Rust-resistant stainless-steel design
- 39 ounces of weight
- The sharp triangular head removes materials easily
- The ergonomic handle won’t slip off from hands
- It has a wider application on any flat surfaces
- It may hurt the floor if not used with caution and care
The manual scraper is ideal for DIY projects. It allows you to remove caulk without wiping out the area.
8. Albion Engineering B12S20 B-Line Manual Sausage Caulking Gun
This time we will happily introduce to you not a caulk remover but an integrated caulk sausage dispenser. You can use the Albion Engineering made manual sausage to fill up any cracks or hole using new caulk within minutes. Thus, home maintenance will become comfortable and fun.
It has a long piston and narrow nozzle, which allows you to reach the far corners. Hence, caulking in problematic areas becomes fun.
The handle has a full-size measurement for quick dispensing of the caulk. You will get both wide and narrow plastic nozzles in the package. So, you can quickly change the nozzle to meet your working demands.
The barrel has a 2” diameter that holds a substantial amount of adhesive, glue, or caulk. Also, the barrel is made of aluminum for durability. So, you will enjoy using the Albion manual sausage caulking gun for sure.
- 2” full-sized barrel dispenser
- 8 pounds of weight
- 20 oz of dispensing capacity
- 375 lbf of workforce
- Easily reaches far corners
- Large dispensing capacity
- The barrel has the swiveling facility
- The plastic nozzles aren’t reliable
You can use the caulk dispenser for applying caulks on cracks. It is a handy home maintenance tool.
9. Goo Gone Pro-Power – 2 Pack – Professional Remover
The Goo Gone Pro Power is formulated using a professional recipe to remove the toughest adhesives and caulks from any surface. Also, it comes in a large container with 32 oz of liquid the best silicone caulk remover, which is suitable for commercial use in construction sites.
During our Goo Gone caulk remover reviews, we also found that the product is also ideal for removing stains from carpets. Its unique formula makes sure the expensive carpet, the fabric doesn’t get damaged. So, it brings peace of mind.
It even works on the greasy surface too. The professional remover is safe for use in plastics, ceramics, porcelain, metal, and other types of surfaces as well.
Another benefit of using professional remover is that it is incredibly versatile. You can apply the liquid to remove sealant, adhesive, glue, tree sap, ink, asphalt, and many more materials.
- 2-packs each with 32 oz of remover
- Outdoor and indoor use possible
- Large packs for professional use
- The product is perfect for removing industrial messes
- The remover is safe for all types of surfaces
- The Goo Gone remover works pretty fast
- It comes in a 2 – pack, which might not always be needed for use
Constriction sites and commercial workers will get the most benefits using the professional caulk remover.
10. Orange-Sol 10151/52 Contractor Solvent
Orange-Sol is a well-known and dependable brand when it comes to caulking remover. So, you can rely on the Orange-Sol made contractor, liquid caulk remover for professional use.
The solvent comes in a large container with a capacity of 3.2 ounces, which is sufficient to cover large construction sites. The solvent has a unique formula and thicker than regular caulk removers. So, you can easily use it on any surface.
It is strong enough to dissolve any adhesive, caulk, or stain in an instant. So, you will love applying the solvent when it comes to remove the caulking or paint. Lastly, it is safe to use on any surface, which is a bonus too.
- Strong liquid solvent
- 09 kilograms of remover in a container
- Safe on all surfaces
- The pungent liquid solvent works pretty fast
- The caulk remover is made in the USA
- You can even use it on automobiles
- With large container may not suit home usage
If you seek a professional caulk remover for large construction sites, the Orange Solvent remover is suitable for you.
Buying Guide for The Best Caulk Remover
We have reviewed ten top-quality caulk removers both for homeowners and professional users. However, you might be a littler doubtful to choose the one that best suits your purpose with such great qualities available at hand.
The following buying guide will help you in such cases.
You should focus on getting a versatile and flexible caulk remover. Make sure it works on both non-silicone and silicone caulks. Also, it should be usable on adhesives, glues, stains, and other materials, too, for a cleaner surface.
Style of Application
Chemical caulk removers are available in two forms mainly, gel and spray. Gel removers are stronger, accurate, and fast working. Nonetheless, its denser formation makes the application challenging.
On the other hand, spray or liquid caulk removers are less intense, but easier to use for thin liquid formula. Since it is not strong, you will need a massive amount of liquid remover, which can be costly sometimes.
You should know that the caulk remover won’t essentially remove the caulk or adhesive itself. It will only soften the chemical bonding of the caulk and lets you wipe it at ease. The softening, however, doesn’t happen immediately.
The faster the softening process, the speedier your caulk removal session will be. So, keep it effectively in mind, especially if you are going to use it for professional use in construction sites.
Indoor Vs. Outdoor Use
Not all caulk and adhesive removers are made for both indoor and outdoor applications. Some are suitable for indoor surfaces, while some suits outdoor use. Don’t miss t read the label and know the caulk remover application before you buy it.
The rule is simple; the larger the remover container is, the better the deal will be for you. No doubt, a larger caulk removal container seems pricier, but it is not in reality. When you count on the cost per ounce, a large quantity will seem less pricy.
Also, quantity becomes crucial when it comes to commercial use. You won’t want to go into the market to buy the caulk remover now and then.
How To Remove Caulk From Brick
- Put your gloves on and then slowly pour 2 to 3 drops of the caulk remover on a small container at first.
- Now spread the remover solvent on the brick right where you want to remove the caulk.
- Wait for a few minutes so that the caulk remover softens the caulk on the brick.
- Use a brush or scrubber to scrub off the softened caulk from the brick.
- Some caulk remover may leave an odor behind. Use water to clean the surface until the odor is entirely removed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best caulk remover?
The use of caulk remover depends on the surface and types of caulk you want to remove. We have ardently researched the market and found that Goo Gone Pro-Power Adhesive Remover and 3M Specialty Adhesive Remover works best on most surfaces. These removers work with silicone and non-silicone remover too.
Does Goo Gone remove caulk?
Yes, Goon Gone manufacturers several caulk removers both for homeowners and professional uses. You will find suitable Goo Gone caulk remover for all sorts of benefits. These are premium and leading caulk removers in the market.
Where can I buy Goo Gone caulk remover?
You can buy Goo Gone caulk remover from Amazon via online purchase. Amazon has the largest products available to meet your budget. Also, you can get them from the local hardware stores.
What can I use to remove silicone sealant?
You can use the caulk remover designated for silicone sealant to remove it. Silicone sealant has a protective layer and so needs special remover to work on them.
Our review for the best caulk remover includes both chemical and manual remover to meet your requirements. So, we aspire that you profoundly and immediately found the right caulk remover to accomplish your purpose.
Finally, we suggest you wear protective gloves before applying the remover on the caulk since not all of the products are human safe. These items might contain toxicity and so be aware of the fact.
We recommend the 3M Specialty Adhesive Remover for professional use. Another great product is Goo Gone Pro-Power Adhesive Remover, which is equally useful for silicone, non-silicone, adhesive, glues, and many more materials.